- Dudley St between Webster Ave and Villa St is closed
- Winnisimmet St between Broadway and Park St is closed
- Central Ave between Willow St and Eastern Ave is closed
Traffic Advisories & Parking Restrictions (as of 9/18/2023)
- Franklin Avenue Staircase: Residents should be advised that the Franklin Avenue Stairs will be closed for public use starting Monday July 17th approximately through the first week of November. Residents are encouraged to seek alternate routes to avoid staircase closure. A no parking order will be in effect for areas immediately adjacent to the stairs during working hours of 6 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, starting July 17th until approximately the first week of September. Additional impacts to residents include pedestrian detours around the working space between July 17th and the first week of September. No impacts to vehicular traffic are anticipated at this time. Police details will be present onsite during working hours to manage pedestrian and vehicular traffic around the work space.
- Sumner Tunnel Renovation Project:
Periodic weekend closures of the Sumner Tunnel resume from Fall 2023 to Summer 2024. During this time, the tunnel will close on Fridays at 11:00 p.m. and re-open to traffic on Mondays at 5:00 a.m. Traffic will be diverted through signed detour routes. Through the end of 2023, the tunnel will be closed the following weekends:
- Weekend of September 15
- Weekend of September 22
- Weekend of September 29
- Weekend of October 20
- Weekend of October 27
- Weekend of November 3
- Weekend of November 10
- Sidewalk Replacement on Carroll St: Sidewalk Replacement on Carroll St starts on July 10. This work will take place from 7AM to 5PM daily, Monday thru Friday from July 10th to August 16th. On-street parking is prohibited during the times and dates posted on the construction signage distributed throughout work zone.
- National Grid Addison St and Orange St Gas Utility Project: National Grid is working on Carmel Street between Orange St and Addison St. Construction work is expected to continue into Addison Street between Carmel St and Spruce St before jumping over to Addison Street between Caramel St and Carter St.
The work takes place from 7:00 am-4:00 pm from Monday to Saturday and will continue into September. Police details will be on-site during the duration of this work. Roads will continue to be open to residents only, but parking may be limited in the area. Questions about the project can be directed to National Grid Customer Service at 1-800-233-5325.
- Upper Broadway Drainage and Surface Project: Construction on Broadway between City Hall Avenue and The Chelsea Greenway. Construction work takes place from 7AM to 4PM daily, Monday thru Friday. On-street parking is prohibited during the times and dates posted on the construction signage distributed throughout work zone. Please carefully review all temporary No Parking signage. If specified on a sign, on-street parking is allowed once construction hours have finished. After work is completed on a respective street, construction signs will be removed and residents will be free to park in the available on-street parking spaces. Read more at www.chelseama.gov/upperbroadway
- Broadway (between Everett Avenue and 2nd Street): The alternate lane is closed to traffic due to trenching work being completed by National Grid. This work will be ongoing through the beginning of September.