- Willow St closed Central Ave - Chester Ave
- Second St closed Broadway - Chestnut St
- Winnisimmet St closed Park St - Broadway
- Sixth St will be closed, Arlington St - Washington Ave off and on throughout the day
Stay informed about the daily road closures around the city by following our brand-new Facebook Page.
Traffic Advisories & Parking Restrictions (as of 2/28/2024)
- Daytime Lane Closures on Tobin Bridge on Route 1 Southbound:
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is implementing a single-lane closure on the Tobin Bridge on Route 1, southbound on the upper deck. The closure occurs weekly, Monday through Friday, from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Two lanes of traffic will always remain open during the single-lane closures. These closures will be coordinated with other construction projects in the area.
- Stuctural Cleaning & Painting, Steel & Concrete Repairs on Tobin Bridge: MassDOT has been working in the area for the past several months and vacuuming up paint chips that have fallen from the bridge. The paint chip cleanup is being followed by a $100 million-plus project to repair steel, remove old paint, and repaint the bridge among other improvements. Due to the weather, there is no construction work today, Wednesday, February 28. Construction will resume for the rest of the week in the Boatswains area, weather permitting. For further questions, please get in touch with the Tobin Bridge Field Office by calling 857-776-6120.
Upcoming Sumner Tunnel closure: Friday, March 1 at 11:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. on Monday, March 4. Read more at https://www.mass.gov/sumner-tunnel
- National Grid Downtown Broadway Gas Main Installation: National Grid is working on Broadway between Cross St and Williams St. Construction takes place Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. For further questions, please get in touch with the National Grid Customer Service at 1-800-233-5325.
- National Grid Highland St/Watts St Gas Main Installation: National Grid is working on Highland St between Maverick St and Watts St, as well as Watts St from Highland St to Willow St. Construction takes place Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. For further questions, please contact the National Grid Customer Service at 1-800-233-5325.