Curb Cut Application
Download the Application (PDF)
1. Fill out the above application
2. Attach plot plans showing existing structures on the lot and the dimensioned location of the proposed curbut and driveway
3. Submit to municipal inspections
4. Municipal Inspections will communicate to the Department of Public Works upon approval
5. Once the permit is approved by both departments, the applicant must obtain a ‘street opening’ permit from the Department of Public Works 6. Bonds, insurance and a $750.00 fee is required for a street opening permit
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS SHALL BE MET BY ALL APPLICANTS FOR DRIVEWAY OPENING PERMITS
I. The application shall be forwarded to the Municipal Inspections Department for conformance to zoning requirements.
II. Upon approval of the application by ISD application shall be forwarded to DPW
III. Residential driveway openings will be limited to one (1) curbcut per residential lot twelve feet (12’ft) maximum in width (unless otherwise approved through site plan)
IV. Granite two foot (2’ft) curb corners shall be installed at the driveway opening (unless otherwise approved through site plan)
V. The driveway apron shall be constructed of similar materials of the sidewalk that is removed, i.e. cement concrete shall replace cement concrete, bituminous concrete shall replace bituminous concrete, brickwall should replace brickwall.
VI. A gravel subbase of at least six inches (6’in) thickness shall be replaced below the paving materials.
VII. The minimum thickness of materials shall be as follows: a. Cement concrete driveway aprons shall be a minimum of six inches (6’in) thick utilizing 3500# 3/8 cement concrete with 6’X6’ #10 wire reinforcement b. Bituminous concrete driveway aprons shall be a minimum of four inches (4’in) thick installed in two (2) layers. The bottom layer shall be a bituminous concrete binder of at least two inches (2’in) thickness and the top layer shall be bituminous concrete top of at least one inch (1’in) thickness) c. Brick driveway openings shall be constructed of 8,000# brick placed upon a cement concrete base at at least four inches (4’in) thickness. The bricks shall be placed in mortar setting bed and shall have mortared joint.
VIII. The driveway apron shall be constructed in such a manner as the rear four feet (4’ft) of such driveway apron shall have a cross-slope not to exceed three-sixteenths inch per foot (3/16”/FT)