Trash Exemption Requirements

Residential properties who are "owner occupied" may qualify for trash exemption on their unit. To see if you qualify, please submit the documents requested below. 

Please submit copies of the following documents from the homeowner:
  • State driver's license or valid identification card.
  • Three (3) different utility bills [gas, electric, cable, phone, or bank statements].
Municipal bills [Excise, RE Tax, Water Bill] are not accepted.

Return these documents to:
By Mail or Drop-off:
Chelsea City Hall
500 Broadway #310 
Chelsea, MA, 02150

By Email:
By Fax: 617-466-4210

If you have any questions please call the DPW Office at 617-466-4040 or 617-466-4200.