Special Needs Registry
The City of Chelsea has created a voluntary special needs registry for residents who live at home who might need extra assistance during a major emergency. This registry is for residents with disabilities, chronic conditions, and/or special healthcare needs who live at home. This registry is not for individuals in a care facility such as a hospital, nursing home or assisted living facility.
Sign up for the registry if you:
- Use life support systems, like oxygen or a ventilator
- Have trouble walking or rely on a wheelchair or a walker to get around
- Are blind, deaf, or hard of hearing
- Use a service animal
- Have speech, intellectual or mental health disabilities
Information appears on the 911 operator's screen when an emergency call is made from the home, so the operator can alert emergency response personnel to the needs of that person.
Updating Your Information
Whenever any previously submitted information changes, be sure to update your Special Needs Registration by contacting Flor Amaya at email@example.com or by calling 311 (617-466-4209).
Prepare Yourself for an Emergency
- Prescription medications and eyeglasses
- Emergency contact information
- Copies of important documents and medical records
- Bottled water and non-perishable food items
- Medical supplies/equipment
SIGNING UP IS SIMPLE
- Call (617) 466-4209 to speak with a City representative
- Visit Chelsea City Hall to fill out a Registration Form in-person
- Fill out the Registration Form online